...for the souls who love makeup and food!


Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's today's forecast?

In San Francisco, it's about 59F out and cloudy.
Typical San Francisco...

At MAC counters and MAC stores, it's about 100 degrees! It's on fye-yahhhhh! Why?!! Well, because the long anticipated Spring Colour Forecast Collection released TODAY. Yup, TODAY.

[Image Source: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4251516006_b25c5a11af.jpg]

I was able to go to the unveiling party at the MAC PRO store in San Francisco on February 2nd where I picked up 4 items out of the 40+ pieces in this collection (hot dayummm!). My goal was to stay below $100 and I was shy about $5 from hitting a benjamin after tax. GO ME!

What my grubby hands got a hold of:
- Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape
- Crushed Metal Pigments Stacked 1!
- Very Violet eyeshadow
- Hot Hot Hot eyeshadow

What I'm returning:
- Crushed Metal Pigments Stacked 1!
Why: They're TOO chunky. It's like a mix of Solar Bits and chunky pigments (i.e. Kitschmas) gone wrong.

What I'm planning on getting today:
- Blush Ombre in Ripe Peach
- Blush Ombre in Azalea Blossom
- Straw Harvest eyeshadow (MAYBE, leaning more on NO) only because I have Evening Aura eyeshadow [Image Source: flickr.com] from the Neo Sci-Fi collection back in 2007 and it's pretty much the same. Could it be a repromote with a new name and no one realized? Hmm!! Plausible.

SFMACandcheese's recommendations:
If you could only get 1 blush, 1 lipstick, 1 lipglass and 1 eyeshadow from this collection, here is my list of "must-gets."
- Blush Ombre in Azalea Blossom
- Lipstick in Victorian
- Lipglass in Lavendar Wind
- Eyeshadow in Hot Hot Hot

So what's on your "I HAVE TO GET IT!!" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment